Thursday, March 31, 2011

Business Savvy

Hello Lovelies!

So I know I mentioned last week that the name of this blog post was going to be something else and I was really going to go in a different direction with it but I decided to stay on a positive note. Turning my bad business decision, into a life lesson. Plus, taking something great from it.

Without going into the ugly details, I was approached by a company to do a fashion show a week after I did Project Ethos. A company that had no real owner (so they/she claimed)! I really had a bad feeling about all the unanswerable questions, yet I still committed and paid for this event.  Needless to say, it was one of the worst and unprofessional events I've ever been apart of since I started in this industry.  I was not only in embarrassed but mad at myself for not going with my gut....my business gut.  I just knew something wasn't right with this company but I was really conned into believing it would all turn out great, in which it didn't.

In the end, after a week of disputing with this company I was given a refund and all pictures from this event would not be posted. I am happy to say that, I not only learned an important business lesson from this but I became just a bit more business savvy. PLUS, I not only made new friends through the chaos of it all but I recruited my very first intern!

I leave you with a couple of pictures from our first business meeting. Yes, at Corner Bakery Cafe!


Darlins, please welcome my new business savvy intern, Windy!

Plus, please check-out these other lovely business savvy people that I met along this journey; NATIVE HONEY, MARIALIA, REDHAWK BRIGADE, ALEXANDRA CIPRIANI and LA FASHION WEEK ONLINE.


No comments:

Post a Comment