Sunday, October 28, 2012

Coco Chanel at Fashion Fright Out

Gabrielle "Coco" Chanel - Clothing Designer

Friday I attended LA Fashion Council's Fashions Fright Out at the W Hotel in Westwood.  I honeslty don't celebrate Halloween but when fashion meets costumes, I had to be apart of this.  It was quite easy for me to decided what I wanted to be for this event.  It just popped into my head and I went to town making my dress.  I honestly look and look for the best detailed pictures of Coco Chanel but they were hard to come by.  So I did my best in putting together her iconic picture outfits.  I hope I made my costume designer friend, Glinda proud ;)



This woman was a huge smoker, making it almost impossible not to incorporate a fake cigarette into the costume.  With that said, I do NOT APPROVE of smoking, considering both my grandfather's died of lung cancer way before their time I think.  Anyways, the evening was so much fun. Loved hanging out with the lovely gals of TPOLA.  Here are the rest of the pictures from that night. (had to do these in black and white)



Audrey Hepburn (aka Carly from Lipgloss and Crayons ) and I

Rosie the Riveter (aka Jasmine from Glitter On The Ceiling) and I

Marie Antoinette (aka Kelsi from Dedicated Follower of Fashion ) and I


LA Fashion (Pic via Kelsi)



Xo, Kelsi Smith, Wendy Bendoni, Kiara Schwartz, Jasmine Duarte, Marla Verdugo, Carly Brydon, Mary Cathryn Hall and Lisa Tran

Good Times.  Coming up this week, my latest project a mini look book and I MEAN mini!

No comments:

Post a Comment