Thursday, July 12, 2012

Where I've Been

 Family vacation (in my mommy wear)

 So I know I haven't posted a thing in about a month.  I feel like this is the longest I've ever gone without posting anything since I've started blogging.  Where have I been? At a pity party. No, I didn't mean Diddy because we all know he can throw a party.  I meant pity, as in poor me this is too tough, I don't know what to do anymore, etc.  I've been on a roller coaster of emotions this past month regarding my business, my passion and my family.

After a month of wondering how to go forward, I finally came to a happy place last week in my journey.  It was during family vacation, that I decided to officially skip a Fall 2012 collection and only go forth with my Spring 2013 collection.  Not only will I be working on a spring collection but I will also be creating some gowns and a wedding dress.  Never the less, for you wonderful customers of mine I will be throwing in some fall piece (ready to wear) here and there.  All this came about, when I realized my youngest son would be entering school this fall. I just had to give him and my other son, my full attention. (considering I home school them).

With all that shared, here are couple interesting things I've been up to since my last post.

Miss California Natalie Pack

Last month I sent some of my pieces to Natalie Pack for her trip to Vegas for the Miss USA 2012 pageant. Big thank you to Natalie Pack and Steffani Symons for the picture above.  Also on the DL (down -low), I tried out for NBC's Fashion Star.  As of right now, I am still in the running to be casted for their upcoming season. I will know if I have been chosen with-in a few weeks.  I really don't like sharing these kind of things with to many people because I guess.....I feel kinda dumb when I'm not chosen.  Out of all the shows I've auditioned for, I really want this one.  Lord knows.  So I'm sharing this news with you my lovely readers because for some reason, you read my post and comment. Which always makes me feel like I'm just writing to good friends on every post.  Thank you.

Well, on to the next Darlins! I WILL be posting next week on any news details from my world, plus a little how-to.

P.s.  Huge Summer Sale going on at www.melissavelia.com

Xo,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment