Sunday, February 27, 2011

Broken

Wow, what a week!  If you follow me on Twitter, then you may already know that I had a nerves breakdown two days ago. The past couple of days have been such a trial for me, I mean gees!  First....it all started while I was working on my collection for the upcoming fashion show (yeah, the one in two weeks!), when suddenly my bobbin (sewing machine part) starts sounding like lose change, it was all down hill from there.  As much as I tried to fix it, it just wasn't happening. So I rushed over to my local Joann Store, picked up a new but cheap sewing machine, only to come home and the darn thing doesn't work! Really....it just wasn't sewing correctly.  So I boxed it all up...rush back to the store and with the money I don't have, I bought a better sewing machine.  It was then, when I got home and into my office, that I fall to the floor in tears.  I had lost a whole day of sewing, a nightmare.

And just when I think my stress level couldn't be any higher, my computer crashes.  Yes just like that, my whole business world was gone (and no, smarty-pants I didn't have it backed up on a back-up drive). Yet my day went on in celebration of my son's birthday. It wasn't till last night, that my wonderful husband decided to become an IT guy and fixed my computer! Yes, he just googled, read and wa-la, here I am blogging on my computer again.

Then, with all this sewing machine trouble I was reminded of someone, whom I'd forgotten this month with all my chaos.  My grandfather.  Since I was a kid, he was the one who would fix my sewing machines when they were broken. He'd even find me old used ones that he had fixed up for me to use.  It was two years ago this month, that he passed away. Missing him deeply.

My Grandfather

My grandfather and I, at my high school graduation.

All in all, I'm doing much better today. Still very behind but hopeful. 
"You have also given me the shield of your salvation: and your right hand has held me up, and your gentleness has made me great."  -Psalm 18:35
Till the next post darlins,
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment