Thursday, February 24, 2011

Interviewing the Dreamer - the Dancer

Veronica Gutierrez
Welcome to my very first Interviewing the Dreamer.  I decided to start this blog series to inspire others to dream the dream.  That anything is possible with ambition, commitment and faith.  So please meet my first Dreamer, a Dancer.
When did you start dancing?
 I started dancing when I was two or three but I really started to get into it when I was 12.


Have you always wanted to be a dancer? 
Yes, always! I think one way or another I will be doing something with dance.
Have you had training? Where? And how long?
Yes I've being training since I was 3 at Los Angeles Ballet Academy with my mother Andrea Paris-Gutierrez
What's your biggest dream? 
I think my biggest dream is to get recognized for my talents and not just do what I love but excel at it.

How do you plan on reaching your dream? 
By taking every opportunity I have head on and getting lots of experience. This is what I will need to prosper.

What's the hardest thing about dancing? 
I think the hardest thing is adapting to a different choreographers style and making sure that you are giving them what they need in the dance.
What's your favorite dance? 
Probably Jazz Funk. I love the contrast in movement the style allows.
What inspires you? 
People who are determined and respected. People who get things because they work hard and deserve it.


Who the one person who supports you the most? And what does it mean to you? 
I get a lot of support from my father who is always there for me, helps me out at home and is always there with his camera.  My brother too, but my mom supports me the most. Not just by being a mother that believes in her child, but also my dance teacher who believes in her student. It means so much to me to have people believing in what I want to do by my side.
Who's your favorite dancer? 
Well I'd have to say my brother Dylan Gutierrez. He has only danced with the Joffery Ballet for 2 years and is already getting lots of recognition for his beautiful  technique and performance quality. He makes me so proud and I aspire to be like him in my work.
 
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Well in 5 years I will be 21, so hopefully Ill be starting my career with a steady job in a musical.


What would you tell your 5 year old self about your future? 
I would probably tell myself to pay more attention. My mom took me to so many shows and I mostly fell asleep.


And there you have it, inspiration.  Come see Veronica perform live at my upcoming fashion show on March 12th, as she opens for my Fall 2011 collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment