Monday, January 31, 2011

Antique Lover

Temecula, CA

This weekend was my first weekend off in a long time. My mom was in town, so I decided to drop my sketching, my editing, my sewing, my updating, my book keeping and even my blog to explore this little town of ours.  Now, I'm sure most people wouldn't call this lovely wine country, small but growing up in Los Angeles county, it's definitely has a small town feel to me.

Besides the fresh weather, the farmers market and spending time with my family, my favorite part of this weekend was antique shopping. This town is loaded with them....from small to big.  I could have spent all day going from shop to shop. I am an antique nut! I started thrift store shopping when I was in the six grade for vintage clothing dating back to the 1970's, 60's and 50's.  Now a days, I rarely shop thrift stores but I could shop antiques stores all day long.  Oh and if your wondering, I am a collector.  I've been collecting Barbies dolls, thimbles and  Avon's 1950's Red Cap Cod crystal dishes for quit some time now. Yet, I don't just stick to those items, I love just about everything old and vintage.  Although there our tons of websites selling vintage clothing and antiques, it's really the thrill of the hunt for me.  Sadly, I wasn't able to purchase anything this weekend (with Fall 2011 upon me) but here are few things I just loved.







Fun, fun...can't wait to go back again.  This week I have so much more to blog about, including why I changed my mind about closing chu-lacouture.com and why I FAILED at my 52 week DIY challenge.

Till the next post darlins, thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment