1. The state or quality of being resolute; firm determination.
2. A resolving to do something.
3. A course of action determined or decided on.
Happy New Years, darlins! Hope everyone had a safe and lovely New Years. As for myself, I kept it simple. Nothing lavish, no crowds, no confetti, no fur coats, just family. For some reason I just wasn't too excited about ringing in the new year. I started to wonder what was wrong with me. Could it be that is was because I was turning 30 this year or perhaps I had no big plans or commitments. That's when I realized I needed to set some goals for myself, not resolutions but something to work towards.
With that said I have set some "healthy" goals for myself. Yes healthy! A very good friend of mine always tells me to set healthy goals for myself, goals that are possible and won't put me in the hospital (as they once had) example: http://melissavelia.onsugar.com/ER-Extra-Rest-4555237 (first blog).
Before I share with you my little list of healthy goals, here's what I decided to wear to ring in the New Year.
70's Inspired Dress: Chu-La Couture * Silver Clutch: Calvin Klein * Black Tights: Tagert * Accessories: Chu-La Couture
Velvet Wedges: I don't remember! lol (Don't you hate when that happens?)
So here they are......and at the end of 2011, I will have this post to look back on. Here's to a new year, new life, new beginnings and endings. Like I've said once before, embrace change and hold fast to traditions.
My Healthy Goals (in no particular order)
- As busy as my days get, set aside a time to spend with my boys every day.
- I will fly on a plane this year! (never have)
- I will lose 30lbs and begin eating healthier.
- I will commit myself to 2 causes I truly care about and support them fully.
- I will tell the people I love, that I love them more often.
- I will dance more.
- I will write love letters on paper to my husband.
- I will limit my FaceBook time to only twice a day.
- I will find one good thing in every person. Example, a guy who cuts me off, "Oh good he's driving a hybrid"
- I will complement every person I meet.
- I will read everyday.
- I will learn French.
- I will make those calls I dread to make in business.
- I will take a full vacation.
- I will pray more.
- Last but not least, I will save more.
I know there's so many more goals I want to accomplish this year but I think, I've covered my whole plate of life already. We'll see what God has in store for me. I leave you with one last goal, the kind of goal that got me here today. A dreamer's goal, a goal that just doesn't seem possible today.
- I will get my clothing line into Fred Segal or on Robertson blvd.