Monday, January 17, 2011

Big Decision


So yesterday while watching the Golden Globes, I came to a much thought about and prayed about decision.  Now before I tell you what the big decision is, let me share with you how I came to this big decision.

When I turned 30 earlier this month as many of you might know, I went though a kinda "analyse life" week.  In that week, I thought about my 10 year career in the fashion industry and were I saw myself ten years from now.  At first I wasn't to sure and I really didn't have time to think about it much because I was so overwhelmed managing two different companies.  So it was then, during the Golden Globes that it hit, just like that...confirmation of an ongoing decision.  No...I am not going back into acting...while maybe. Ok no, not really but what I did decide was after 2 1/2 years in business I will be closing Chu-LaCouture.com this February.

I didn't see myself in ten years owning a chain of boutiques, I saw myself at the Golden Globes.  Well not really myself but my gowns brushing the red carpet.  When I was a child I always wanted to be a clothing designer, among many other things and today I found myself a bit misdirected.  I started Chu-La Couture 2 1/2 years ago to fund my clothing line.  I knew I could shop the best, so I thought why not share it with all of you in a store.  Then business picked up and thoughts of opening a store front became a new project.  It was all  just becoming too much. 
One can be "the jack of all trades" but isn't better to be "the queen of just one". For when you have truly discovered your God-given gift, it is such a waste to only partially open it.

I will now be fully dedicated to my clothing line, Melissa Velia and pushing my ambitions to the next level.  And for all of you who still love to shop Chu-La Couture, you'll still be able to shop the boutique in a new, easy way on Sense of Fashion.  You can simply register for free on Sense of Fashion to shop all of Chu-La Couture's latest items, including pieces from the runway and photo shoots.

So there you have it, my big decision.  God only knows what's to come in my crazy career but I know one thing, He has made this decision clear and easy for me. 
When ever climbing the latter of success, remember there's only room for one at the very top and I have left the space for God.
For my family, will never fall behind because of my success.

Till the next post, darlins....thanks for reading.

xoxo,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment