Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Months of Thankfulness

Photo via thepiferfamily.blogspot.com

These days, I know for many, many in this world it's hard to say, "I am thankful for..."  I know I had quiet the year of really high ups and really low, lows.  So I decided to take it one month at a time. Simply, thinking back over the past year and finding at least ONE thing to be thankful for, so here are my 11 months of thankfulness:
  • January:  I am thankful for another birthday.  That the Lord gave me another year to share with my family and friends.
  • February:  1) I am thankful for my son, Eli.  2) I am thankful for my friends, Sam & Frances for all their love and hosting my son's 4th birthday.  Miss them deeply.
  • March:  1) I am thankful that the Lord brought my niece into this world safe and sound.  2) I am thankful that my friends, Heather & Richard opened their home to us with love and support. Miss them deeply.
  • April:  1) I am thankful that after 6 years, my husband is finally out of the Air Force, safe and sound. 2) I am thankful for 5 years of marriage to my prince in shining firefighter gear.  3) I am thankful that the Lord died for my sins.
  • May: I am thankful for business picking up.
  • June:  I am thankful for my friends who supported my career by helping make things happen; Sabrina Noel Hill, Christina Martinez and Lily Hernandez.
  • July:  1) I am thankful that I was able to help my friends Dee and Jason have a wonderful anniversary.  2) I am thankful that my hubby got his dream job.
  • August:  I am thankful that the Lord gave us a new direction in our lives, to buy a home.
  • September:  I am thankful for my sister Denise and Victor for opening up their home while we made a very hard transition.
  • October:  1) I am thankful for my parent's never ending support of my career.  2) I am thankful for our new home. 3) I am thankful for my son, Ben.  4) I am thankful for the opportunity of a life time, thank you for finding me Nicky Bernal.
  • November:  I am thankful that my sister moved in, even if its just for awhile, to have their company.
Last, I'm sure I'll find something to be thankful for next month.  Meanwhile.....enjoy your families, your friends; enjoy those laughs, those moments; enjoy that food, that hug. Breathe it all in and hold it. 

Happy Thanksgiving, loves!
                             Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment