Friday, November 12, 2010

New Blog, New Stories To Tell

Hello my loves! Its been so long since I've be able to sit and really write my heart out.  In all honesty, time is not really on my side.  For those of you who have followed me since the beginning and know that I have blogged here and there, including a little video blog I was doing on my YouTube channel......I do apologize for all of my sudden endings and thank you for sticking by my side.

Anyways moving forward, I'm happy to say I'm back and sharing with you my crazy journey in business, life and more.  So I hope you stay tuned because my life has started a whole new chapter and it might just be a page turner.  Starting with....


The Fashion Show - behind the madness


So this past month as many of you know, I did a fashion show with Project Ethos at the Avalon in Hollywood, CA.  Over all it was an amazing experience, yet like with all major productions there's bound to be some issues.  Never the less...days later I got a call from the team and was surprised at their professionalism and attitude, it was truly refreshing.  In this business it's easy to burn bridges....believe me I've burned a couple (clearing throat)...BCBG.  Another story, another time.  Anyways, here is my behind the scenes experience through my black and white world.

On the phone, complaining.

My assistant, my sister, amazing!

Collection, waiting for its performance.

Food was not provided, so I brought my own breakfast, lunch and dinner.

My pass that I some how lost that night, good times!

Standing around isn't going to get the stage built my friends.


Models waiting for hair and make-up on one of the last floors in the Avalon. It was simply a turn back in time. Loved it.

The make-up team was fabulous, much thanks to their fearless leader Maria Rivera.  Now the hair team that work with me....not so much.  If you can't say anything nice, don't say anythings at all.  So I won't.

A few of the models and I after hair and make-up.  Can I just say, I loved the ring I was wearing that night and so did everyone else.

My little promo table....definitely going to go bigger next time.  Being tucked away in the corner of the last floor was not cute.  And this would be my other assistant Christina, talk about taking the horse by the rings....much thanks

And I had just had to squeeze in a little photo shoot for myself and show of my DIY LBD.  Did you get that? Yeah it's taken me awhile to understand all those "phases"

Last but not least, my thank you's for the night, starting with my friends and family who made it out to support.  It truly means the world to me. 

Here are some more thank you's for the night;
My parents - Denise Barreda - Christina Martinez - Nicky Bernal - Project Ethos - Jen Prudhome - Jason Peskin - Nicole Young - Melina Perez - Jessica, Honor, Marley and all the other models.

More to come on one of my biggest nights in this industry, plus more thank you's and press.  Stay tuned loves.

xoxo,
Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment