Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fashion, Sun & Goodies

So this past Saturday was the Two Point Oh! LA 2nd annual picnic and it was fabulous.  Not only was the southern California sun shinning especially for us but the over all event was great.  Although it was a two hour drive for me from my place in the country (it's country to me, city girl), it was well worth getting to meeting all those talented bloggers.  Much thanks goes out to the gal who put this all together Kelsi, Two Point Oh! LA President and Editor/ Founder of  Dedicated Follower of Fashion.

Kelsi and I

Finding something to wear to this event was as easy for me as looking in my studio.  This M.Velia top was a hit with many of my fellow bloggers at the picnic.  Making my day just a bit brighter.




When I arrived at the picnic I had the scare of a life time.....ok it was not that scary.  I was just stumbling along from the parking lot to the park when a  gofer popped out like one of those kid smash'em games. Yeah, I screamed and almost broke my ankle jogging it.  Only fashionistas wear wedges to a park. (no, not really)
Anyways after my encounter with that ferocious beast, (a bit much?) I entered the picnic area and found...well let me just show you all the highlights from the event.



These were...yum.  What were they? Some kind of cake bar.

No, I didn't try everything!

The sandwiches, were ok.  The chicken pea one, was pretty good.

Took a shot of their cleansing drink. It didn't taste bad but I'm gonna have to tell you what happen after on another post.

Craft or should I say D.I.Y time was cute.  My creative juices weren't really flowing, so I just signed my name with a red marker.

The gifting tent was pretty cool.  Got some nice little things.

This make-up line I had never heard of, probably because I never shop at Ulta, but I did receive a little something from them, that I plan on trying out and blogging all about it.


This line I had not heard of either but I was very fascinated by it.  I'm really looking forward to trying out the samples they gave and of course sharing all about it here.

Meet the lovely,  Tiara from The Dope Girl

Meet the fabulous Kristen, from Glitter N Glue

I loved her vintage handbag.


Last but not least, what's an event without a photo booth.  This photo booth was courtesy of Model Wire Network.  Not very good at photoboothing.

There were many other lovely dressed ladies that I didn't get a chance to take a picture of but had the pleasure of meeting.  Truly nice meeting Jamie from Queen of the Quarter Life Crisis , Laurie from Laurie B Style , Arden from Arden Ash , Penelope from Penelope's Vintage and other great bloggers, including a gentleman who's card is a must see. (next post)

The rest of this week for me is filled with a blog interview for my line, prepping for a huge Trunk Show this Saturday in West Los Angeles, getting back to some PR companies interested in placing my line and last shooting more of the Summer collection for the website.

Have a fab week Loves! 

4 comments:

  1. I was there at the picnic and Oh my gosh I loved your shirt! I tried to get a couple photos but they were from the back. I guess next time I'll just have to go up to you and say "hi".

    Heather
    http://thestyleconfessions.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Yes, please do come up and say hi. Would love to meet you.

    ReplyDelete