Monday, December 10, 2012

Give


About a week ago, I had the honor of sponsoring a  fundraiser for a kid's soccer team, Valley Crush.  The lovely ladies that hosted the event were very dedicated parents and did a fabulous job hosting.  Although it was another raining day, the turn out was good and they raised some money for their team.

A few of the guest, the two lovely host and myself (pic via host)

Guest instagram picture

Many don't know this but since I started my company some years ago, I've been sponsoring varies fundraiser and charities such as Relay For Life, cancer patients and other youth teams.  How it works is, when someone hosts a Melissa Velia trunk show, percentages of all sales go directly to the cause.  Sometimes, someone may choose to pick a certain item from our collections and sell them for a time frame to collect a percentage to go towards a cause.  As much as I would love to sponsor all the causes that I'm approached by, I can only do some many.  So through prayer and thought, I choose which causes to work with at that moment in time.

I've been asked in the past why a company that is just starting up, would donate profits to cause.  My answer, why not?!  That's what's wrong with people these days, seriously.  You earn a dime and you give a nickle.  If that's the way the world work, there would be a lot less people struggling.  Granted, it will probably take me longer in the end to establish my company but you know what, that's all in God's hand anyways.

So give this Christmas Lovelies, to someone you don't know, whether it be your time, money or even PATIENTS!!!

Xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment