Monday, December 9, 2013

On the mend


Well hello Lovelies!  It's been quite the busy past couple of weeks for me. I can't believe Christmas is around the corner! I'm so glad I finished my Christmas shopping in October. (Lol)  As you can tell, I am not a procrastinator.  If I don't get to something it's because I'm dead or I already have 500 things going on.


With that said, I've finally started working on new pieces. My new business plan is one I've come to terms with after taking the past 6 months off.  Unlike some of my dear friends whom are clothing designers, I have two little boys and a husband. Therefore, devoting my life to my brand is really not an option for me.  You know that saying, "you can't have your cake and eat it too?" (Umm..wait, that just didn't make any sense to me) Anyways you get the point of that saying, well I'm here to tell you, you can! In other words you may not be able to eat your cake right at that moment you want to but you can lick the frosting while you wait for that moment to come. Is this making any sense at all?!  Well I've said it once and I'll say it again, my family comes before my career. I will be "licking the frosting" until my time comes.  I wouldn't want to miss a moment of raising my sons.

So come Spring 2014, I will be releasing one of a kind pieces in different sizes, colors, fabrics and textures. Not a collection but more of my creativity gone wild. Which in all honesty, I feel collections sometimes limit my creativity all together. I've put aside any plans to wholesale at this time, therefore price points will be low for designer originals. So God Willing, this Spring I'll be hosting pop up shops all around town with all the new stuff. I'll be posting previews till then on Instagram. 

Hope your week is inspirational, Lovelies!

No comments:

Post a Comment